1.9.1. Type of Projects
- Implementation: first time, core module (FI, CO, MM, SD), 4 to 18 months.
- Upgrade: move to higher version (DB or OS).
- Development and Testing
Implementation Project Scope:
- Project Management
- Data Migration
- Go-Live Support
Implementation & Rollout Project Phases:
- Project Preparation
- Business Blueprint
- Final Preparation
- Production Cutover
Support Project Phases:
- Steady State
1.9.2. Phases of Projects
Deliverables – Project Preparation:
- Project Scope Document
- Implementation Plan
- Rollout Strategy
- Cost and benefits validation
- Project Standards and Procedures
- Project Infrastructure
- Knowledge transfer strategy and plan.
- Master data Strategy and Plan
- List of Interfaces
- Testing strategy
- Data Collection Strategy and plan
- Data Cleansing strategy and plan
- Data Migration strategy n plan
- Risk Mgmt Strategy n plan
Deliverables – Blueprint:
- Business Process Hierarchy and Design.
- Solution Design
- Gap identification and Resolution.
- Final Confirmation on Solution Landscape and Architecture
- Assessment of Organization and Business Process Changes
- Final confirmation of Implementation Scope and Date.
Important work streams of SAP Implementation project.
- Project Mgmt
- Organizational Change Mgmt
- Training, Data Mgmt
- Business Process Mgmt
- Technical Solution Mgmt
- Integrated Solution Mgmt
1.9.3. Phases of Projects (2)
Deliverables in Realization Phase:
- All Business Scenarios are configured
- Business Process Procedures
- SAP QAS Environment
- SAP PRD Environment
- SAP TRN Environment
- RICEFW objects
- Review the security design of the SAP Solution Landscape and define roles specific to the business Process design in BBP.
- The End-User Training Material
- Prepare a Final Data Conversion Strategy and Plan
- User Acceptance Testing
Deliverables in Final Preparation Phase:
- Converted Master Data and Open Items.
- Cut-Over Plan
- End users are trained as per their Roles.
- SAP User IDs are created in Production System, as per their Roles.
- Established and train the Support Organization for Functional and Technical Support.
- Support desk to be activated.
- SAP Production environment, ready and operational.
Deliverables in Go-Live Support Phase:
- Data Conversion and Production Cutover Successfully completed.
- An operational Production System.
- An Operational Support Desk.
- Deliver End-User Training after go-live.
- Updated Business Case and Lessons Learned.
Deliverables in Run Phase:
- Defining Operation Standard for optimization.
- Define scope of Operation of SAP Solutions.
- Identify Operation Standards
- Define project schedule
- Identify tools for defining for defining and managing operation standards.
- Design processed roles and responsibilities to manage operation standards.
- Implementing of the Operation Standards for Optimization of SAP Solution operations.
- Install the Solution Operation Tools (SAP Solution Manager).
- Implementing the processes on SAP Solution Manager.
- Train Operation team in using the Solution Operation Tools (SAP SM).
- Production operations on SAP SM.
- Optimize solution operations continuously.
Additional production support immediately after production cutover.
1.9.4. SAP Solution Manager
SAP SM: central platform to support and implement all SAP Solutions.
- SAP Solution Manager Operations
- SAP Engagement and Service Delivery
- Solution Documentation
- Implementing Solutions
- Template Management
- Test Management
- Change Control Mgmt
- Technical Operations
- Business Process Operations
- Maintenance Mgmt
- Upgrade Mgmt
- Custom Code Mgmt
Solution Manager Installation Options:
- Central System
- Distributed System
- High Availability system
- Dialog Instance
- Installing Host Agent as Separate Installation
Basic Configuration steps:
- Setting up communication with SAP
- Configure Service Desk
- Configure Early Watch Alert.
- Configure Maintenance Optimizer.
- Configure Service Delivery Settings for SAP Support.
- Configure Diagnostics settings.
1.9.5. SAP Solution Manager (2)
Factors that influence the performance of a Solution Manager:
- Scenarios to be implemented and used.
- Number of concurrent users and their roles.
- Solution Landscape to be managed.
- Product Instances
- Load of the Solution
The three important steps in Sizing a SAP Solution Manager are:
- Determine the characteristics of managed systems.
- Determine Sizing KPIs based on the characteristics of the managed system.
- Calculate Solution Manager resources.
SAP Solution Manager Diagnostic agent:
- Remote component of End-to-End analysis in SAP SM.
- Connects the SAP SM with the managed systems.
SAP Host Agent:
- Used for monitoring & administration for SAP systems.
- Installed on the satellite systems.
The SAP Host Agent software consists of the following important programs: